Monday, April 11, 2011

Chicago School bans school lunches brough from home

No more brown bagging it for your kids. According to Little Village Academy Principal Elsa Carmona anyways. She said her intention are to protect students from their own unhealthful food choices. Yes folks, Chicago has taken the nanny state to the next level. Little Village Academy, a public school on Chicago's West Side, has ruled that students are not allowed to bring lunches from home.
Click Here to read the article.

Principal Elsa Carmona told the L.A. Times the policy was created six years ago after she saw kids bringing "bottles of soda and flaming hot chips" on school field trips.

Write Elsa Carmona a letter thanking her for protecting your children:

Little Village Public School
2620 South Lawndale Avenue
Chicago, IL 60623-4519
(773) 534-1880


This is unbelievable. I wonder if this will be on the Today Show, or other network news? Doubtful.

2 comments:

  1. Honestly I'd have to disagree with you on this one. I lived near this school for 10 years. It boiled my blood to see hopeful little children being fed potato chips and high fructose corn syrup for breakfast every single day. There was no "brown bagging" going on. Just plastic sack of junk. Ignorant, young single mothers feeding their children gutter crap, creating another generation of fat criminals to tax our health care and criminal justice systems. If you can't educate everyone to eat right, ban the junk. This so called "food" does as much damage as drugs in our schools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anthony, I appreciate your insightful comment. It is difficult for me to believe that adults today can easily resist the everyday awareness that occurs with hearing about basic nutrition. I just hope the actions of Principal Elsa Carmona is not replicated by government mandate. Because as a father, I would remove my child from a school that denied my right to feed my child.

    ReplyDelete